This article covers common questions Resi users ask about invoicing and billing.
How Do I Set up a Billing Contact in Studio?
Billing contacts receive communications from Resi when we need to get in touch with your organization about financial matters. You can enable someone as a billing contact both when initially inviting them as a user and by editing their current details in Studio.
Enable a user as a billing contact when inviting them to Studio
- In Studio, navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Click the Invite User button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Fill out the user’s details.
- Designate the user as a billing contact by checking Billing Contact under notification types.
- Click Invite.
The user will receive an email to finish setting up their account in Studio. To learn more about adding users and each field, see Manage Your Team in Studio.
Designate an existing user as a billing contact
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Click on the user you want to designate as a billing contact.
- Click the edit icon in the upper-right corner of the page .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and designate the user as a billing contact by checking Billing Contact under notification types.
- Click Save.
The user is now a billing contact and will receive communications from Resi about financial questions, for example invoicing or account corrections. To remove the billing contact designation from a user, follow steps 1-3 and uncheck Billing Contact, then click Save.
What’s Included in My Plan?
In your Organization Details page, you are able to see what tiers of Multisite, Live, and Content Library you’re subscribed to. Each has an included features section which includes the details of each plan. Below that, the Current Add-Ons section gives you an in-depth view of your organization’s abilities with Resi.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Under Subscriptions, you’ll see your subscription levels, start date, and included features.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll see the Current Add-ons section.
This section includes:
- Total Multisite venue licenses your organization has activated
- Total software encoders (through ProPresenter) your organization has enabled
- If your organization enabled 16 channels of audio
- How much data your organization can use for web broadcasts
- How many concurrent web broadcasts your organization has activated
- How many hours of automated subtitles your organization has activated per month
To learn more about your subscription details, see How Do I See My Subscription Details?
What Additional Features or Overages Am I Paying For?
For both Multisite and Live Streaming plans, we have additional features available that you can activate on your account if you need them.
Additional production venue licenses for decoder playback
On top of the base Multisite subscription price, you may need additional production venue licenses if you’re playing back content. If you need more than two production sites, you’ll need additional venue licenses with the exception of our Overflow plan. The Overflow plan only allows for one production site, so if your organization is on that plan you’d need an additional license for more than one.
Capturing 16 channels of audio
With any Resi subscription, you can capture up to 8 channels of audio. If you need more than that, we have an additional feature you can add to increase that cap to 16.
Live Streaming-specific additional features
Aside from the base Live Streaming subscription price, we offer several additional features to enhance the viewing experience that may include additional fees. If you’re on a plan with embed options and go over the data cap, you may also incur a data overage charge. To learn more about your subscription, see How Do I See My Subscription Details?
- Content Library. Resi’s archiving and storage tool is called the Content Library. With the Content Library, you’re able to indefinitely save your web broadcasts. Each will have its own unique embed code and stream URLs. To learn more, see Resi’s Content Library.
- Extra data. If you’re on the Enterprise Live Streaming plan (the highest tier), you can add data to your cap if needed for a monthly or yearly rate. Data can be added per terabyte.
- Automated Subtitles. Resi can automatically transcribe your speech to text and add them to the lower third of the web player. It increases accessibility for your viewers and can lead to a wider audience. To learn more, see our Automated Subtitles FAQ.
- Additional software encoder licenses. If you need to run the software encoder through ProPresenter on more than one machine, you can purchase an additional software encoder license to do so. To learn more about Resi and ProPresenter, see our ProPresenter FAQ.
- Additional web event licenses. To broadcast more than one web video simultaneously, you’ll need to add an additional web event license.
- Data usage overages. If you exceed your data cap each month, you may incur a data usage overage charge.
How Can I Add Additional Features to My Plan?
If you need to add any of the additional features to your plan or have questions about your data overage charge, please contact your Customer Success Manager directly or our Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Do You Send Invoices Out?
If you’re subscribed to a monthly Live Streaming and/or Multisite plan, invoices are sent out on the first of each month.
If you have Resi’s Content Library or a legacy monthly plan, they may renew on the service start date instead of the first of the month.
If you’re subscribed to an annual plan, the invoice will be sent whichever calendar date you began with Resi.
Hardware purchases will be invoiced when you order. If you chose a payment plan for the hardware, it will begin the first of the month after your order.
How Does Annual Billing Work?
When you sign up for an annual contract, you are invoiced for the full year up front and can begin on your service start date. You can upgrade at any time if you need to move to a higher plan or add features. However, because annual contracts typically include a discount, you cannot downgrade or cancel during the term. This includes any upgrades you may have made during the year.
How Can I Make Payment?
When you order hardware or subscribe to one of our plans, our billing team will send an email which includes a link to pay through our payment portal. You can pay by credit card and ACH, including setting up automatic payments for recurring charges.
We allow payment with a check in two circumstances:
- Annual payments
- Hardware orders