Streaming kits are collections of peripherals that provide a simplified package for most of your broadcast needs. Streaming kits are available with integrations of Resi hardware either from Nomadic Design or Summit Integrated Systems.
- Nomadic Design's NCODE X Series - Uses Resi’s RAY or server-grade hardware encoder, depending on which specific model you choose.
- Nomadic Design’s NCODE XS - Configured to be used with our software encoder plugin through ProPresenter7.
- Summit Integrated Systems GO System - Includes a RAY hardware encoder.
A kit that uses a software encoder will require a computer that is running ProPresenter 7 with the Resi plugin installed and an available software encoder available in Studio. Both encoder integrations require a Resi web platform plan in order to operate with the Resi cloud.
Setting up Your Streaming Kit
Your signal setup may vary depending on the complexity of the kit you purchase and its internal setup. Some may include a video switcher, but all of them include video and audio input ports, which are necessary to receive the audio and video signals.
With each setup:
- Audio should be embedded into the video signal and sent to the encoder.
- The video signal must be configured and routed to the video input of your respective streaming kit's video input port.
- Audio must be configured and routed to the audio input ports.
Troubleshooting Your Streaming Kit
Resi Support will only be able to troubleshoot issues with your Resi encoder or the Resi platform, which may include offline encoders, upload issues, issues with scheduling, or other web streaming.
For an offline hardware encoder:
- Ensure your streaming kit is connected to a properly configured network.
- Make sure that you follow the encoder’s recommended power and connection protocols.
If you are experiencing issues with your streaming kit signal or routing, camera signals and settings, video switcher integration, reach out to your contact from Nomadic Design or Summit Integrated Systems for assistance.
Resi recommends the peripherals in this article based on how well they have worked for other customers. Your specific organization’s recording setup and needs may not be compatible with these third-party devices. Resi cannot provide support for these products and recommends that you contact your specific device’s manufacturer or an audio/video integrator with questions you may have.
While Resi's support team is unable to provide support for third party peripherals, other users who use them may be able to help if you have questions. The Resi Facebook User Group is a great place to pose your questions and interact with other Resi users.