If your event is going to run long or be shorter than you expected, you can change its length while it’s broadcasting from the scheduled event details page. Changing the duration of the event will affect both web and social media destinations.
Change Event Duration on the Fly
- Navigate to your Schedule page in Studio.
- Click the event that’s currently running.
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Click the edit icon .
- Change the duration to how long you want the event to run.
When scheduling, if you included a post-event buffer, it won’t restrict changing the duration in any way. The buffer will automatically adjust to the new time.
If a newly scheduled event overlaps with another scheduled event, the later event will not run unless all of the following conditions are met:
- The first event uses the same encoder as the later event
- The first event uses the same encoder preset as the later event
- The first event uses the same encoder channel as the later event
- All content destinations for the first event have no stream offset
- All content destinations for the first event have no post-video buffer
- Click Save.
The event will now run until the new time you’ve set. For example, in the event above, it’ll run until 12:15 PM.