One of the greatest advantages of using Resi is the capability to stream to multiple destinations simultaneously, including to Facebook and YouTube. If you would like to learn how to do this, you can read our article on how to schedule an event. However, you also have the option of manually starting and stopping a social media broadcast.
Manually Start a Social Media Broadcast
- Navigate to Library > Encoder Videos in Studio.
- Click on the Options icon.
- Select Start a Web Video option.
- Select the web channel where your event will be stored and web preset for appropriate channel and playback settings. For more information, see our web configuration articles.
- If you have cues added to this video, select the beginning and endpoints.
- For Playout Behaviour for Embed Code and Stream URL, select one of the following:
- Realtime Playout (Default) - plays the video like a live stream where users have no control over playback (except volume and subtitle options if enabled).
- Faster than realtime playout (ASAP), video active immediately - allows viewers to rewind, fast-forward, etc., and uploads the video to your destination immediately.
- Faster than realtime playout (ASAP), use for next scheduled sim-live - allows viewers to rewind, fast-forward, etc., and uploads the video to your destination during the next scheduled sim live using the web channel you selected.
- Click the Add Social Destination button.
- Select the social destination type (Facebook or YouTube).
- From the drop-down, choose the YouTube account where you want to upload or broadcast your video.
- Select the privacy and publish status appropriate for your needs. For more specific information on how these settings affect your stream, read How to Stream to Facebook or How to Stream to YouTube.
- Give your video the title that will be seen in the destination(s) of your choice.
- (Optional): Enter a helpful description of the video for your audience.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 7-13 if you wish to add another destination.
- Once you have added your social destination(s), click the Start button.
If you selected the Realtime Playout option for your video’s playout behavior, navigate to the Schedule to see your event running. Otherwise, you will have to schedule a new event using the web channel assigned to your encoder video. If you are not sure how to do this, read our guide on how to Schedule an Event.
Manually Stop a Social Media Broadcast
- Navigate to the Schedule page in Studio.
- Find the currently playing event you want to stop broadcasting to by finding today’s date in the calendar or list view.
- Click on the title to view the event details page.
- Click on the Watch tab.
- Select the social media destination you would like to stop broadcasting to.
- Click the Stop button next to the title of your event.
- In the following confirmation window, click on the Stop button again.
- If you click on the Watch tab and the destination again, you will notice that the status has changed from Started to Stopped.