One of the greatest advantages of using Resi is the capability to stream to multiple destinations simultaneously, including to Facebook and YouTube. If you would like to learn how to do this, you can read our article on how to schedule an event. However, you also have the option of manually starting and stopping a social media broadcast.
Manually Start a Social Media Broadcast
- Navigate to Media > Encoder Videos in Studio.
- Hover over the video you want to broadcast and click the actions icon > Start a Web Video.
- Configure the details for your web video (Learn more), including the web channel it will be stored in, web preset using the audio channels you need (Learn more), and any cues you've made to section the video (Learn more).
Choose the playout behavior for the video.
Playout behavior defines how viewers will see your video or if you want to set it aside for the next replay event.
Realtime Playout (Default) - plays the video like a live stream where users have no control over playback (except volume and subtitle options if enabled).
Faster than realtime playout (ASAP), video active immediately - allows viewers to rewind, fast-forward, etc., and uploads the video to your destination immediately.
Faster than realtime playout (ASAP), use for next scheduled replay - sets the video aside and it will broadcast at the next scheduled replay event using the web channel it'll be stored in.
- Click the Add Social Destination button.
- In the modal that appears, select Facebook or YouTube.
- Configure the details for your broadcast, including account, privacy, and publish status. Learn more: Broadcasting to Facebook and YouTube.
- Give your video a title and description if you'd like, then click Add.
- For each destination you want to add, repeat steps 5-8.
- Click Start.
If you selected the Realtime Playout option for your video’s playout behavior, you can see the video running in the web videos tab or the Schedule page.
Manually Stop a Social Media Broadcast
- Navigate to the Schedule page in Studio.
- Find the currently playing event you want to stop broadcasting to by finding today’s date in the calendar or list view.
- Click on the title to view the event details page.
- If you're not already there, navigate to the Watch tab.
- Select the social media destination you would like to stop broadcasting to.
- Click Stop next to the title of your event.
- Click Stop in the modal that appears.
- If you click on the Watch tab and the destination again, you will notice that the status has changed to Stopped.