Church Online Platform (ChOP) is a free (for churches) service that supports chat between event viewers and hosts, as well as other features to promote engagement with your audience.
With Resi, you can integrate broadcasts into ChOP and make use of their engagement tools alongside Resi’s resilient broadcasts. For the best results, you will need a Resi web plan that includes the use of an embed code.
To get started, create a ChOP account. Learn more about ChOP.
1. Add A Service in ChOP
- Head to your Church Online Platform web page and sign in.
- Click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
- Click the Go to Admin button.
- Navigate to the Services tab.
- Do one of the following:
- If you would like to create a new service, click the Add Service Time button and set the start time for 2 minutes after your event start time in Studio. This will ensure that old content does not get broadcast before your event goes live.
- If you would like to add content to an already existing service, skip to Configure Your Service.
- Enter a time, date, and repeat setting for your service.
- Click Save.
2. Configure Your Service
- If your new service time is not visible, change the date settings by clicking the date range above the listed service times.
- Select your beginning and end dates before clicking the Filter button.
- Scroll down to find your event if necessary.
- Click the Add Content or Edit Content button.
- Add or edit the title of your event if necessary.
- Set an event duration - This should be shorter than your web event length (as defined by your scheduled web video or the duration of your replay event.) For more on service timing in ChOP, visit their documentation.
- Configure your chat settings
- Navigate to the video settings and select the embed code option.
3. Grab Your Embed Code from Studio
- In your Studio Schedule find the event you would like to add to ChOP and click on it.
- Navigate to the Destinations tab.
- Click the share icon next to your web event.
- Select your preferred embed code option and copy it. (Learn more)
- Paste your web channel embed code into the empty text field.
- You may change the “start video before" setting. It should be no earlier than your event start time.
- If you would like to do so, add moments, host info, and other details. Learn more
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
The Resi User Group on Facebook is a great place to connect and interact with other Resi users. You may be able to find additional help and information by posting your questions there. Please note, it is not monitored by Resi's support team and they will not answer inquiries on social media.