Decoders pull content down from buckets in the cloud, called encoder channels, to stream to physical locations. For your content to show in the decoder interface, you’ll need to grant your decoder access to your encoder channel(s). You can do this by associating your decoder’s venue license with one or more encoder channels. A venue is a license used for decoder access at physical locations. Learn more
If you have multiple encoder channels, you’ll need to find which encoder channel your content is stored in and make sure your decoder has access to the correct ones.
Give Your Venue Access to an Encoder Channel
- Log into Studio.
- Navigate to Settings > Venues & Decoders.
- Click the venue you want to grant access to.
- Click the edit icon . You can edit any venue details except license type (this is determined by your Resi subscription).
- Under the Permissions section, check the box next to the encoder channel that contains your event.
- Click Save.
- Refresh your decoder interface. Your decoder will now have access to all videos in that encoder channel.
Which Encoder Channel Has My Video?
If you have encoder videos already and/or more than one encoder channel, you’ll need to first find which encoder channel is storing the video you want to stream. To find which encoder channel has your video:
- Navigate to your Media > Encoder Videos.
- Click the encoder video you want to broadcast.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll see the encoder channel that holds that content.
Please sign in to leave a comment.