Studio introduces a more powerful and intuitive interface to manage your streaming through Resi. This article discusses some of the key workflows that have changed in the move from Control to Studio
How Do I Add a Contact?
In Studio, contacts and users have been combined into users. Instead of creating a contact (as in Control), in Studio you can set users to receive certain types of notifications. (The roles assigned to a user defines what level of access that user has to different areas of your Resi account.)
- Billing contacts receive billing-related notifications from Resi, and may be contacted by Resi about issues related to your organization’s account and/or subscription. (An organization may have up to six billing contacts.)
- Network alerts will enable email alerts when your stream experiences connection issues.
Update an Existing User to Receive Notifications
- In Studio, click Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Click the actions icon by a user.
- Select View User Details.
- Click on the edit icon .
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Check the boxes beside the contact type you want to assign to that user.
Add a New User and Define Notification Settings
- In Studio, click Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Click the Invite User button in the upper right corner of the page. The invitation modal includes three steps where you can provide the user’s information, grant permissions, and define notification types.
- In the first step, follow the prompts to provide the user’s information.
- In the second step, select the roles and permissions for this user.
- In the third step, check the box beside the type of notifications you want this user to receive.
- Click Send Invite.
Notifications will not be sent to a newly invited user until the invite has been accepted and a user has configured their password.
How Do I Review an Event Video?
In Studio, users can be granted video review permissions. This grants them read-only access to scheduling, analytics, and library in Studio. To grant video review access to a user:
- Navigate to the Settings > Users & Permissions page in Studio.
- Click the options icon beside that user and select Edit.
- Select the Permissions tab at the top of the modal that appears.
- Check the box beside Video Review.
- Click Save.
How Do I Make Changes to My Encoder Profile?
In Studio, encoder profiles are now referred to as encoder presets. You can manage your encoder presets in Settings > Encoder Settings > Encoder Presets.
How Do I Make Changes to My Encoder Event Profile?
In Studio, encoder profiles are now referred to as encoder channels. You can manage your encoder presets in Settings > Encoder Settings > Encoder Channels.
How Do I Make Changes to a Web Profile?
In Studio, web profiles are now referred to as web presets. You can manage your web presets in Settings > Web Settings > Web Presets.
How Do I Make Changes to a Web Event Profile?
In Studio, web event profiles are now referred to as web channels. You can manage your web channels in Settings > Web Settings > Web Channels.
How Do I Manually Start or Stop an Encoder?
How Do I Make Changes to My Resi Account Settings?
In Studio, you can update your password, change notification settings, and more in Settings > Account Details.
How Do I See My Subscription Details?
In Studio, your usage summary and active subscriptions are listed in your Organization Details page. If you have questions about your usage or want to make a change to your subscription, please contact customer success.
How Do I Find an Embed Code or Stream URL?
Embed codes and stream URLs can be found in one of a few locations:
- From your Library: for videos that you have saved or have come from recently run web events.
- From your Web Channels: for videos that were recently run and stored in a particular channel.
- From your Schedule: for videos that you have created upcoming or recurring events for.
Each of these methods is detailed in our article on how to Embed Your Stream.
How Do I Download a Video From My Event?
Web and encoder videos from your recent events are stored in the Library in the Expiring Encoder Videos and Expiring Web Videos tabs. To download a video:
- Navigate to the Library page in Studio.
- Select either the Expiring Encoder Videos or Expiring Web Videos tab.
- Click the menu icon below the video you want to download.
- Select Download.
How Do I Upload a Video to the Library?
You can use the Library as a repository for videos that have already run, but you can also upload them straight from your computer. Navigate to the Library page in Studio and go through the steps described in our article on Uploading Videos in Studio.
How Do I Schedule a Live Event?
Studio is a powerful tool for creating and tracking live broadcasts that you plan to run in the future. If you would like to do this, make sure that you have the following beforehand:
How Do I Schedule a Sim-Live (Replay) Event?
Sim-live events are now known as Replay events in Studio. If you would like to create a new Replay event, you can do so by making sure you have an encoder channel set up with your desired content. Once you have done this, you can navigate to the Schedule page and go through the steps described in our article on Scheduling a Replay Event.
How Do I Edit or Remove a Scheduled Event?
If you would like to adjust a future event in Studio, you can do so by navigating to the Schedule and going through the steps described in Edit or Delete an Event. If you are adjusting a recurring scheduled event, keep in mind that any adjustments you make will apply to all future instances of that recurring event.
How Do I Create a Recurring Event?
When you go through the steps to Create a New Event, you will see a toggle labeled Repeats in the schedule details. When you toggle this on, you’ll see the following options:
Choose how often you want your event to run and whether to end after a specific number of occurrences, on a specific date, or never at all (only when you decide to remove the recurring event completely). If you need to skip a specific instance, you can do so.
How Do I Customize the Web Player?
You can customize certain elements of the Resi web player by adjusting the parameters of the embed code you are using to display your content. You can see what can be adjusted and how to do so by reading our article on how to Embed Your Stream.
How Do I See Analytics for My Events?
Studio utilizes many of the same analytics features that you may already be used to in Control. When you navigate to the Analytics tab, you will see a number of charts and statistics that give you insight into your viewer counts, average watch times, trends, and many other useful statistics. If you would like to learn about all of the analytics and tools available to you, you can read our overview of Event Analytics.