Studio is a powerful and intuitive interface to manage your streaming through Resi. This article discusses some of the key workflows you need to know when using Studio.
How Do I Add a User?
Users have a variety of roles and permissions, but all users can access your organization's instance of Studio. The roles assigned to a user define what level of access that user has to different areas of your Resi account.
- Primary contacts are notified for all issues that relate to their Resi account and organization. This may include notifications outside of network alerts.
- Network alerts will enable email alerts when your stream experiences connection issues.
Update an Existing User to Receive Notifications
- In Studio, click Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Click the name of the user whose notifications you would like to update.
- Click the edit icon .
- Click the appropriate checkboxes under Points of Contact and Notifications.
Add a New User and Configure Notifications
- In Studio, click Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Click the Invite User button in the upper right corner of the page. The invitation modal includes three steps where you can provide the user’s information, grant permissions, and define notification types.
- First, enter the appropriate user information such as name, phone, and email.
- Under Point of Contact, select the type of contact you would like this person to be, if you would like to do so.
- Before you finish, you will need to select the roles and permissions you would like this user to have.
- Under Notifications select Network Alerts to send the user information about stream interruptions.
- Click Send Invite.
Notifications will not be sent to a newly invited user until they accept the invitation.
How Do I Allow Someone to Review an Event Video?
In Studio, users can be granted video review permissions. This grants them read-only access to scheduling, analytics, and media in Studio.
To grant video review access to a user,
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions page in Studio.
- Click the options icon beside that user and select Edit.
- Select the Permissions tab at the top page.
- Check the box next to Video Review.
- Click Save.
How Do I Make Changes to My Encoder Presets?
Encoder presets contain input and output instructions your encoder will use to capture, store, and send content to the cloud . You can manage your encoder presets in Settings > Encoder Settings > Encoder Presets.
How Do I Make Changes to My Encoder Channels?
How Do I Make Changes to a Web Preset?
How Do I Make Changes to a Web Event Profile?
Web channels provide persistent embed options you can use to display the most recent broadcast associated with a channel and stores content up to 30 days or until you replace it with another broadcast. You can manage your web channels in Settings > Web Settings > Web Channels.
How Do I Manually Start or Stop an Encoder?
Your Studio dashboard provides quick access to start and stop your encoders. To start or stop an encoder, click the Start or Stop button in the Encoders widget. If you cannot find your encoder in the Dashboard, you can click the See All button in the corner of the widget to open the encoder settings page.
How Do I Find an Embed Code or Stream URL?
Whether you need an embed code or stream URL will entirely depend on where you intend to broadcast your web event. Embed codes will work with most websites, but certain web platforms and applications (such as Church Online Platform or a Roku channel) will require a Stream URL.
Embed codes and stream URLs can be found in one of a few locations in Studio. Once you navigate to one of these locations and find the appropriate video(s), click on the share button (or the Embed tab if you go through your Web Channels) in the details page. From there, you can copy and paste according to your broadcast destination’s needs.
- Navigate to your Media.
- Click the Library, Web Videos, or Playlists tabs.
- Click on the video or playlist you want to embed.
- Navigate to Settings > Web Channels.
- Click on the channel associated with your event.
- Click the share icon .
- Navigate to the Schedule.
- Click on the scheduled event with the web destination you would like to embed.
- Find your web destination by clicking on the Destinations tab on the event details page.
- Click the share icon next to the web destination you want to find embed options for.
How Do I Make Changes to My Resi Account Settings?
How Do I See My Subscription Details?
In Studio, your active subscriptions and add-ons are listed in your Organization Details page. If you have questions about your usage or want to make a change to your subscription, please contact customer success.
How Do I Tell How Much Data I Have Used?
You can see how much data you have used by looking at the Current Month Bandwidth widget in the Dashboard. If you would like a more detailed picture of your data usage, you can find that in the Bandwidth Usage tab in your Organization Details.
How Do I Download a Video from My Event?
Web and encoder videos from your recent events are stored in the Library under the Library, Web Videos, and Encoder Videos tabs. You can download any video.
- Navigate to your Media in Studio.
- Selecter the Encoder Videos, Web Videos or Library tab.
- Click on the thumbnail of the video you want to download.
- On the video preview page, click on the actions icon below the player.
- Select Download.
- Set your video preferences (i.e. start/stop position, video bitrate, and audio channels)
Do one of the following:
- Click the Download Video button to download the video to your device.
- Click the Create Download Link button in order to create a link that can be sent over email, posted to a web or social media page, etc.
How Do I Upload a Video to My Media?
You can use your to store videos from broadcasts that have already run, but you can also upload them straight from your computer. Navigate to the Media page in Studio and go through the steps described in our article on Uploading Videos in Studio.
How Do I Schedule a Live Event?
Studio is a powerful tool for creating and tracking live broadcasts that you plan to run in the future. If you would like to do this, make sure that you have the following beforehand:
If you would like your broadcast to appear on your web or social media page, you will also need to create the following:
After you have all of these components, navigate to the Schedule page in studio and use the + Add Event button to schedule your event. Configure the event's details, then click Save. It will appear on your calendar and begin broadcasting at the date and time you chose.
How Do I Manually Go Live?
Another option to go live is manually starting a broadcast to viewers. Either create or use an existing encoder video to go live. To create a new encoder video, manually start your encoder, which will begin capturing content as soon as you start it.
Once you've started your encoder:
- Navigate to Media > Encoder Videos.
- Hover over the encoder video you want to broadcast and click the actions icon .
- Select Start a Web Video.
- Configure the video's details, including social media destinations if you want it to broadcast to those platforms.
- Click Start.
If you're broadcasting to the web, make sure to use your embed code or stream URLs to stream to a website or third-party hosting platform, or mobile app.
How Do I Schedule a Replay Event?
If you would like to create a new replay event, you can do so by making sure you have a web channel set up with your desired content. Once you have done this, navigate to the Schedule page and create your replay event.
How Do I Create a Scheduled Event From a Library Video?
If you have access, you can create a scheduled event from any library video.
- From your Media: Click the menu icon next to any video in your Library tab and select the Schedule option.
- From the Schedule: When you add a new event, select the Library option for the Content Source and click the Select Library Video button.
How Do I Edit or Remove a Scheduled Event?
If you would like to adjust a future event in Studio, you can do so by navigating to the Schedule and going through the steps described in Edit or Delete an Event. If you are adjusting a recurring scheduled event, keep in mind that any adjustments you make will apply to all future instances of that recurring event.
How Do I Create a Recurring Event?
When you go through the steps to Create a New Event, you will see a toggle labeled Repeats in the schedule details. When you toggle this on, you’ll see the following options:
Choose how often you want your event to run and whether to end after a specific number of occurrences, on a specific date, or never at all (only when you decide to remove the recurring event completely). If you need to skip a specific instance, you can do so.
How Do I Customize the Web Player?
You can customize certain elements of the Resi web player by adjusting the parameters of the embed code you are using to display your content. You can see what can be adjusted and how to do so by reading our article on how to Embed Your Stream.
How Do I See Analytics for My Events?
Studio utilizes many of the same analytics features that you may already be used to in Control. When you navigate to the Analytics tab, you will see a number of charts and statistics that give you insight into your viewer counts, average watch times, trends, and many other useful statistics.
How Do I Add Automated Subtitles to My Event?
Automated subtitles can only be added to a web event and must be configured in the Web Channel your event is going to be stored on before the start of your broadcast.
- In Studio, navigate to Settings > Web Channels.
- Find or add the web channel you intend to use.
- If you are editing an existing channel, click the edit icon . Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Under Additional Options, make sure the Automated Subtitles toggle is enabled.
How Do I Build and Publish a Playlist?
Playlists are used in conjunction with the Resi player in order to group and playback multiple videos on your organization’s website. In order to use playlists, you will need an On Demand and Web Platform subscription in order to do this.
How Do I Broadcast to a Streaming Box or TV Application?
Stream URLs allow you to broadcast your events through Over-The-Top streaming applications, such as Roku and Apple TV, and other third-party sites with certain streaming requirements. Although implementation of these URLs will depend entirely on the application you are using, you can learn how to Activate Stream URLs in Studio.