If you’re scheduling multiple events to broadcast in one session, for example 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 11 a.m. services, Resi recommends starting your encoder only once and including all three in your schedule. This will cut down on the amount of times your encoder has to stop and start and the amount of events in your schedule page.
Resi encoders can capture data continuously for up to 12 hours.
Schedule Multiple Web Broadcasts
In this scenario, one organization wants to schedule 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. services, each an hour long, while only starting the encoder once.
Resi has a 90-second delay before your broadcast will be live to viewers. Account for this by setting the left broadcast time sliders to 90 seconds before your scheduled broadcast or including a countdown timer before your video.
To schedule both web broadcasts under one encoder event:
- Navigate to the Schedule page.
- Click + Add Event.
- Configure the event’s name and description. Learn more
- Under Schedule, set the start time to when you want the encoder to start capturing content and duration to include all your services. In this example, the organization sets the start time to 8 a.m. and duration for 3 hours to account for both services.
- Configure the rest of the event’s details, including if you want the encoder to start early.
- When configuring destinations for your first service, set the left broadcast time slider to start broadcasting when your first service begins. In this example, the organization sets it to 8 a.m.
- Set the right broadcast slider to when the first service ends. In this example, the organization sets it to 9 a.m.
If your events are one-after-another, Resi recommends stopping each broadcast five minutes before the next one starts. If you set it for less than five minutes, your next broadcast may not start properly.
- Add the first destination.
- Configure a second destination. Learn more
- Use the broadcast time slider to denote when the second broadcast will begin and end. In this example, the organization moves the left slider to 10 a.m. and leaves the right slider at 11 a.m.
- Add the event.
- Under Content Destinations, each will display when the service will broadcast to viewers. In this example, the two services are scheduled to broadcast to the web from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Click Save.
Your events will now display on the schedule page and broadcast at the times you scheduled, with the encoder only starting and stopping once.