This guide walks you through controlling decoder playback functionality with an Elgato Stream Deck. If you have one of these devices or would like to try incorporating one, you can use the Bitfocus Companion app to easily assign Resi decoder controls to your Stream Deck or even in the Companion application itself. For your Stream Deck or Companion emulator to work with your decoder, make sure all of your devices are running on the same local network.
1. Download and Install the Bitfocus Companion App
- Navigate to the Bitfocus Companion webpage.
- Click Download.
- On the following page, you can either enter your Bitfocus account information or create a new account to use with the application.
- Once you sign in or create an account, your browser will download the Companion installation package.
- Open the package and follow the instructions for installation on your operating system.
2. Find Your Decoder’s IP Address
- Move your mouse over to the Network indicator in the top right corner of your decoder interface.
- Let it hover over the indicator for a moment until a tooltip indicator appears with your decoder’s IP address displayed.
- Write down your decoder’s IP address.
3. Enable Rosstalk Commands on Your Decoder
Make sure that your decoder has been enabled to receive Rosstalk commands. To do this:
- In the decoder user interface, click Settings > General.
- Click the toggle under RossTalk to enable it for your decoder.
4. Connect Your Decoder to Bitfocus Companion
- Open the Bitfocus Companion app
- You will be taken to the Connections page in the Companion app.
- In the Add Connection area, search for “Resi Decoder.”
- Click the Add button.
- In the Connections area, click the Edit button.
- You can change the name of this connection if you’d like.
- Enter the IP address you found in your decoder’s network settings.
5. Customize Your Button Layout
Now that you have connected your decoder to the bitfocus companion app, you can arrange any number of the available control presets on your Stream Deck emulator.
- Click the Buttons tab to see a layout of your emulator or surface.
- Under the Presets tab on the right, which should already be open, click on the Resi:Decoder (Decoder Name) button.
- Drag and drop the available playback controls in order to map them to your desired buttons.
Your button layout will save automatically. Now you can use these buttons on your Elgato device(s) and through the emulator in Bitfocus Companion. You can learn how to do so through the documentation available on the Bitfocus website.